Mastery of the Singing Teacher
A Course With Heidi Klassen
"Heidi is a rare and gifted teacher. Her passion to help singers to experience the joy and freedom that comes with proper technique is what sets her apart. Her ability to communicate her ecstatic sound through technique in clear, creative, and 'out of the box' ways is both humbling and exciting!"
Join The Course For Part 2
"Now the we've embodied the TECHNIQUE, let's hear the SONG!"
ECSTATIC EXPRESSION IN SONG
- Dates: June 1, 8, 15, 22
- Time: 7-10 pm
- Location: Faith Presbyterian Church (2581 E 45th @ Clarendon)
- Join in-person or by remote audit (You Tube)
Each participant will have prepared 4 songs from 4 eras in 4 genres (song styles) using 4 different languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Czech, or Russian. Through auditing the course, you will hear the technique come alive consistently in a range of styles:
- June 1: EARLY MUSIC / BAROQUE - 1600-1750 (Monteverdi /Purcell / Bach / Handel / Rameau / Scarlatti / Handel)
- June 8: CLASSICAL - 1750 -1850 (Gluck / Mozart / Haydn etc)
- June 15: ROMANTIC - 1830 -1920 (Schubert / Puccini / Verdi / Strauss / Bizet / Faure etc)
- June 22: 'MODERN' 20/21 Century, Cabaret, Musical Theatre, Folk, Country, Jazz (Menotti / Britten / Gershwin / Weill / Sondheim / G & S / Broadway / etc)
- Limited availability. Click here for details.
- 4 sessions..................$135 includes archive videos from Part 2 (4 sessions)
- Archive videos from Part 1 (8 sessions).......$165 additional (optional)
- Drop in........................ $35 per session
- 90 page e-book........$30 - Italian bel canto concepts (optional)
- Do you want to be the kind of singer that can move yourself to tears and bring an audience to their feet?
- Do you want to be clearer and more systematic in what you are teaching yourself?
- Do you wish to find out if you have a calling as a singing teacher?
- Do you want to be more systematic in what you are teaching your students?
- Do you want to improve and prove your own singing by demonstrating with your voice and refining your knowledge?
VOCAL COACHES, CONDUCTORS, COMPOSERS
- Do you wish you had more knowledge of the singing voice in order to get the best out of the singer, enticing vocal freedom and expressiveness?
To inspire and teach singers to experience their full potential.
To teach singers to LOVE their voice
To support singers to IMPROVE their own sounds through TECHNIQUE
To teach singers to teach singing and PROVE their knowledge
To develop a KEEN EAR in the Singer, Teacher and Student
To cultivate the STILLNESS from which authentic expression emerges
To intelligently embody the technique with the ECSTATIC ENERGY without danger to the voice.
To bring the Singing Artist BEYOND FEAR, to full sound, temperament and range of expression
To experience the magic of the RESONANCE of the expanded vocal instrument, becoming the thrilling conduit of connection between Singer, Audience, Music and the UNKNOWN